Homemade Tartar Sauce is a delicious condiment that is so easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. With just 6 simple ingredients, you'll want to keep it in the fridge all the time. It's most commonly used with fried seafood, but it's also great with french fries, as a sandwich spread, or even with deviled eggs.
Do not use imitation mayo!
This will completely change the flavor of the sauce. You can use Real Mayonnaise
or Avocado Oil Mayo
Let the sauce rest for at least 30 minutes, so the flavors can develop
Keep extra sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Mix well before using each time
- Add minced onions or shallots
- Use Capers or Pickle Relish instead of pickles
- Swap out fresh parsley and/or chives for the fresh dill
- Add a little Dijon Mustard
- Instead of garlic powder, try smashed roasted garlic