Black Eyed Susan Cocktail
The Black Eyed Susan Cocktail is the official drink of the Preakness Stakes, the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown. With a wonderful mix of fruit juice, rum and vodka, you'll be making these all year long!
Servings: 1 Drink
- 1 part Rum (I use Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum)
- 1 part Vodka (I use Tito's or Grey Goose)
- 1 part Triple Sec or your favorite orange liqueur
- 3-4 parts Orange/Pineapple/Banana juice
- lime slices (for garnish)
- Maraschino cherries (for garnish)
Fill a glass halfway with ice.
Add rum, vodka, and triple sec. Add enough juice to fill the glass.
Use a cocktail stirrer to mix. Garnish with lime slices and cherries
THIS RECIPE IS IN PARTS. Adjust the parts to the size of the glass so the flavors stay consistent!
I do not have a cocktail shaker or mesh strainer, so I make the drink in the glass. However, if you do have a shaker/strainer, then make the drink in the shaker and pour over ice