Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches are the perfect, easy meal to feed your guests for the Big Game. Use the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill to spend less time in the kitchen and more time inside with your guests!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s Big Game Sunday…one of my favorite days of the year! There’s nothing like the Big Game to bring friends and family together for an afternoon of fun, football and food. When I’m hosting the party I like to provide simple, delicious food that my guests will love. The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill makes that so easy to do.
The Sizzling Sausage Grill cooks fresh Johnsonville sausage or brats in about 15 minutes. It is lightweight, portable, and uses any electrical outlet. So you can easily move it around the kitchen, and even take it with you to a friend’s house. The grill locks securely to seal in the juices and prevent splatter, and the removable plates and drip bowl make clean-up a breeze. So why would you go out in the cold to fire up an outdoor grill, when the Sizzling Sausage Grill does the work for you while you stay inside?!
One of my favorite aspects of the Sizzling Sausage Grill is that you can cook 1-5 sausages at a time. So even if you’re cooking a single meal, you can cook a sausage or brat to perfection. The grill stores easily in your pantry or kitchen cabinet.
I’m a fan of all things Johnsonville, but the Hot Italian Sausage is my favorite. I love the Italian flavor, and the kick of spice. I usually combine Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage with pasta, but for the Big Game I want something my guests can easily eat with their hands. So, I created Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches
These Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches are so delicious!
While the sausages cook for my Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches, I prepare the bell peppers and onions in a separate skillet, and they are both ready at about the same time. The Sizzling Sausage Grill has a self-timer, so once you turn on the grill you don’t have to do anything at all until they are done.
I serve my Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches on Ciabatta rolls, and also include provolone cheese.
I love the crispy crust and soft interior of Ciabatta bread, and provolone is a mild melting cheese. To make my Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches I start with a layer of provolone directly on the bread, and then top that with a mixture of Hot Italian Sausage and bell peppers. The sausage and peppers have enough flavor and moisture that you don’t need to add any spread. The Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Sandwiches are delicious with the bread at room temperature…you can also toast the sandwiches, to create a more crispy crust and to melt the cheese.
The possibilities are endless with the Sizzling Sausage Grill! In under 15 minutes your Italian sausages and/or brats are ready to go in your favorite dish. Snacks for the kids, appetizers for entertaining, family entrees, and more.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? COMMENT AND RATE BELOW, THEN TAKE A PICTURE AND TAG ME ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM: @KARYLSKULINARYKRUSADE
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and salt, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- While onions cook, core bell peppers and slice lengthwise into thin strips. Add bell peppers and black pepper to skillet, and turn heat to medium. Saute for 10 minutes, until bell peppers are soft. Toss occasionally
- Place Johnsonville Hot Italian sausages in Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill. Close grill, lock, and plug into outlet. Press button to start grill. When sausages are done, grill will automatically turn off
- Open grill with silicone tongs and remove sausages. Cut sausages at an angle into 1" pieces
- MAKE SANDWICHES: Lay bottom half of Ciabatta rolls on a flat surface. Place 2 slices of provolone on each half, and then top with bell peppers and sausages. Cover with top of half Ciabatta rolls
- Serve at room temperature, or toast in toaster oven until golden and cheese melts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g